Where and how much do Indians invest? [The Indian Wealth Report 2013]
The Indian Wealth report 2013 highlights some interesting facts, as stated below.
Currently 55% of the total individual wealth is in Financial Assets and 45% is in physical form.
Private wealth is estimated to double by 2017.. [People might start saving more and earning more as well. Or more people might start investing who currently don’t invest. This is possible with the help of financial inclusion.]
Asset Allocation in different assets (Proportion invested):
- Gold, the single largest form of wealth in India and second is Real Estate.
- In Financial Assets it’s Debt (FD & Bonds) and Stocks.
- Mutual Funds merely accounts to 1.7%..
- Fixed deposits and bonds will be the second largest in 2017-18.
Investing patters: World v/s India
- Investment in alternative investment in India is 3 times that of the world average.
- Investment in Real Estate and Equity is lower compared to world average..
Source: Economic Times